Pages

Saturday, June 6, 2009


Well, well, well, Dottie has given me an award. The Honest Scrap award requires that I tell ten honest things about myself. Oh my. First you can visit Dottie at this link: Holiday Floral Pieces < just click right there. Now here goes:
1. I am going to be 52 next month. :(
2. I'm not really that sad about it. As I get older I don't seem to care as much.
3. I've been married for almost 31 years. They haven't been the easiest years, but, I wouldn't trade them for anything. Not $ or fame or ? anything!
4. I have 5 kids. I wouldn't trade them for anything either.
5. I've had only three jobs outside the home. Held for a couple of years at most ( all together). I get to play a lot!
6. See that blurb under my profile pic that says my house is going downhill fast? yeah... true. That is why you haven't seen as much of me. Gotta get that under control.
7. The only reasons I am losing weight: A. High blood pressure prevents me from eating salty food. What do you get at fast food places or restaurants? I know what you're thinking ~ take your meds! We are trying all the different brands to find one that works. In the meantime..... B. I suddenly developed an allergy to SEAFOOD!!! I love seafood.... C. Lastly, Sugar now gives me Migraine Headaches!!! as does caffeine!! therefore chocolate is double trouble. :( But, I am 20 lbs. lighter.
8. I love people.
9. I love God.
10. I'm glad I was able to finish this list.

Now I pass this report on to 4 dear people that I would like to get to know better. Char, Deb, the Unruly Helpmeet (she is totally funny), and last but not least, Beth.

3 comments:

Reneé Decator said...

Christine,
Really enjoyed reading your blog! So funny...I love your sense of humor.
thanks,
Renee

delilah s. dawson said...

Thank you so much! I am honored!

I totally hear you on "diet by allergy". Without chocolate, onions, or milk products, the diet is a lot easier. And sadder.

somethingcraftybydottie said...

First remember age is just a number ! not big deal we all have to do it. here is something my sweet loving Dad told me a very long time ago. ( Boy do I miss him )

"I was where you are but one day you will be where I am"
truer words were never spoken. I was just a young girl then and had no Idea what he was talking about hehehe. but as I got older it finally sunk in. so when you Birthday come enjoy every minute of it as none of us know how many we will have....
Now on to more I love what all you wrote very honest, not too many around like you! we were raised in a better time I think.and I wanted to tell you my other blog now has 19 recipes on it. check it out over at -------
http://recipesbydottie.blogspot.com/
~ God Bless~
Hugs :o)
♥ ♥ ♥
Dottie
ps : I too have very high BP it comes with age.LOL