Pages

Friday, June 19, 2009

Art House Co-op Atlanta has a new project in the works.

The Sketchbook Project 4:

Rules and Info
  • The goal of the project is to create a permanent collection of sketchbooks.
  • The theme will be chosen out of a list of approximately 30 themes.
  • After signing up, you will be sent a 5.25 x 8.25 in. Moleskine Cahier sketchbook. All of your work for the project must be completed in this sketchbook. The sketch book MUST be the same size when closed (5.25 x 8.25 in). When opened, they can be as big or as small as you want, but they must fold back into the same original size.
  • Sketchbooks will not be for sale.

Details:

Entry fee is $18 for a United States shipping address and $21 if it is shipped over seas. The entry fee covers the sketchbook, shipping the sketchbook, each exhibition on the tour, and a spot in the permanent sketchbook library collection.

Everyone who sends their book back to them will be included in the collection and taken on tour.
Follow this link: Art House Co-op

2 comments:

Barbra Joan said...

Hi Christine, I am tempted to do that sketchbook project, but don't know. What do you and Charlene and others think of it. ? I'll go to the site and see what it's all about. B

Christine's Arts said...

I think it will be difficult to give up my sketchbook to their library. So, I would make copies for me. But, I also am motivated to do something for posterity. It would become part of your resume. Their projects get you out of a comfort zone to do something challenging or different. I hope to grow as an artist.