Pages

Monday, November 23, 2009

Breast Cancer

As some of you know, my sister has been battling breast cancer since 2007. Two rounds of Chemo are over!! Radiation is over!! And FOUR surgeries later she has now joined "Team in Training" and will be doing a half marathon to raise money for other cancer victims. She is already able to walk/jog for 4 miles. I am so proud of her. She is exercising every day too with a pilates tape at home. Please consider giving a donation to her campaign this season. Large or small! You can do it online too.

I like this organization and its distribution of its funds. Most of the money raised goes to research and helping victims, which has led to many advances in fighting cancers and has prolonged the lives of many many people. Some organizations spend most of their money on administration and printing costs. So, Always check where your money will actually be going before donating to any organization. I recommend LLS as one of the good ones. Below is her letter to me: (Hopefully it will print this time.) Not gonna happen for some reason. Sorry about the repeats. But, please check out the link and consider giving to LLS for cancer research.

Hi Family and Friends,

I am a cancer survivor
!!! and I am raising funds for The Leukemia & Lymphoma

Society (LLS) as a participant in their Team In Training program and I'm asking

you to help by making a
n online donation to my fund raising campaign.

Please use the link in this email to donate online quickly and securely plus

learn more about my progress. You will receive a confirmation of your donation

by email
.

Here is the link:
http://pages.teamintraining.org/sj/sfhalf10/kbardv

Each donation helps accelerate finding a cure for leukemia, lymphoma and

myeloma. More than 823,000 Americans are battling these blood cancers
right now.

I am hoping that my participation in Team In Training will help bring them hope and

support. On behalf of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, thank you very much for your

support. I greatly appreciate your generosity.



Thank you,

Karen Bard

P.S. I would appreciate it if you would forward this email to as many people as

you can to encourage them to donate as well. Thanks again.

10 comments:

carol l mckenna said...

Distant Healing Reiki energy is on its way to you & your sister & family ~ apologies that I didn't respond sooner ~ Warm hugs & namaste to you ~ Carol (artmusedogs)

Essay said...

Thanks for sharing, your blog is worth reading, nice post. Keep it up.

Anonymous said...

Hi!!! christinesarts.blogspot.com is one of the most excellent resourceful websites of its kind. I enjoy reading it every day. Keep it that way.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

The author of christinesarts.blogspot.com has written an excellent article. You have made your point and there is not much to argue about. It is like the following universal truth that you can not argue with: No matter how airtight you make an object, it will still have dust inside by the end of the month. Thanks for the info.

Anonymous said...

ok, cool... i just added up a lot of different emo backgrounds at my blog
http://www.emo-backgrounds.info

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Christine, I will keep your sister in my prayers. Thank you for the kind words on my blog - your art and spirit are equally wonderful!
xoxxo